Details limited on Doyline principal

DOYLINE — School district officials aren’t commenting on the controversy surrounding Doyline High School’s administration.

Rumors of the status of principal Bridget Bridges began circulation after she abruptly took a leave of absence in late November, leaving the school without an official on-site principal.

No mention of Doyline High School was made during the Webster Parish School Board’s monthly meeting Monday. No personnel report was given at the meeting, despite it being on the agenda. The report normally gives updates on personnel status changes.

Superintendent Dr. Dan Rawls told the Press-Herald in a phone interview Thursday the school district’s attorney advised him not to answer any questions relating to Doyline High School or who is currently running the school.

“There is nothing I can say, it is being litigated,” he said. “I can’t answer any questions. I have been instructed by my attorney not to say a thing about anything to anyone.”

As of press time, no lawsuit involving the Webster Parish School Board had been filed with the Webster Parish Clerk of Court.

Jon Guice, attorney for the school district, confirmed Bridges was still employed by the school district as principal of Doyline High School, but said because it was a personnel matter he could not give any further details.

Guice wouldn’t give any details on who is currently running the school, but said “hypothetically” he would assume the assistant principal would be.

Doyline Assistant Principal Mazeroski Bursey confirmed to the Press-Herald that he is currently acting as principal of the school and running the day-to-day operations, but still in his position as assistant principal.

He referred all other questions regarding him as “acting” as principal to the district office.

Bridges was named principal of Doyline High School in 2014.

SHARE