BOSSIER CITY, La. – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development advises motorists that personnel in District 04 (NWLA Region) are prepared for the possibility of wintry precipitation moving into the region Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Crews are scheduled to begin scouting certain routes across the District this evening to assess road conditions.
DOTD encourages motorists to use extra caution while driving, especially on bridges and overpasses as freezing rain and sleet moves into the area. Please be on the lookout for crews and their equipment.
District personnel will continue to monitor the forecast and make appropriate decisions to ensure the safety of the traveling public.
During winter weather conditions, motorists should adhere to the following driving safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Be on the lookout for DOTD crews and their equipment.
• Remember that it’s unlawful and unsafe to drive around a road closed barricade for any reason.