Thursday, May 23, 2024
Home » Ash Street shooting ends in arrests

Ash Street shooting ends in arrests

by Minden Press-Herald

Two Minden men were arrested when a dispute over a firearm escalated to shots fired.



Tadarien Deshun Jackson, 19, of the 300 block of East Roosevelt, was arrested Wednesday, March 16, for aggravated assault with a firearm and carrying a firearm in a firearm free zone.

Darien Dantrell Moore, 18, of the 500 block of Sullivan Street, was arrested on the same date for the same offenses.

Minden Police Chief Steve Cropper says when Lt. Spencer Tippen and Officer First Class Clint Smith arrived on Ash Street around 2 p.m., they discovered five spent 12-gauge shotgun shells and one loaded 12-gauge shotgun shell within 1,000 feet of Minden High School.



“Officers learned a slender male was firing a shotgun at a white Ford truck,” he said. “As officers were collecting the shells as evidence, a female called the Minden Police Department and stated that her son, Tadarien Jackson was the victim in the shooting.”

Officers went to Jackson’s residence and made contact with Jackson who reportedly told them someone fired at him and he returned fire.

“He indicated Moore pointed a shotgun and fired at him as he was driving away,” Cropper said. “He stated Moore began firing the shotgun at his truck and hit his tailgate. Jackson says he held a 9 mm Smith and Wesson out the window and fired a shot at Moore.”

Police say he would not reveal the location of the Smith and Wesson, and Jackson was placed under arrest and transported to police headquarters. Once there, he told police where he’d hidden the gun.

About an hour later, Cropper says, Smith and Sgt. Chris McClaran went to Moore’s residence and located him there. Smith and McClaran recovered a 12-gauge Mossberg shotgun.

“Upon questioning, Moore stated Jackson came into his residence without permission and was attempting to steal the 9 mm Smith and Wesson pistol, and that’s the reason he says he went out and started shooting at Jackson,” he said. “Moore says Jackson was there to steal the gun and Jackson says he was there to buy the gun.”

Moore and Jackson were transported to Bayou Dorcheat Correctional Center following booking at police headquarters.

Related Posts