The Webster Parish Convention and Visitors Commission will have its quarterly meeting Tuesday in Springhill.
The board is expected to hear the annual auditor’s report presented by Kristine Cole of Jamieson Wise & Martin.
Lynn Dorsey, Webster Parish Tourism executive director, says a scheduling conflict could prevent Cole from presenting the audit from the board, but it’s a clean audit.
“She has so many deadlines for corporate taxes right now, she said she might not make it. She is supposed to let me know Monday,” she said. “We don’t have any findings this year, which is about the seventh year in a row we have had a clean audit.”
Dorsey says in the event Cole will be unable to attend, the board will vote to remove the item from the agenda at the meeting to place it on November’s agenda.
“We have the (audit) books, I’m going to give them (board) a copy of the books at the meeting so we can all look through them,” Dorsey said. “This will give board members a chance to read them before we have a formal presentation if she isn’t there.”
A proposal to subcontract Shreveport based Harper Creative Media to handle all social media efforts for the commission will also be voted on.
If approved, the company – led by former Natchitoches Tourism Executive Director Iris Harper and daughter Katherine Harper – will devote eight to ten hours weekly to the commission’s website, Facebook page and Twitter account at a monthly cost of $400.
“I’m just a bit spread so thin. I know there is more I could do with social media if I had the time,” Dorsey said. “This way, we don’t have to hire a third person.”
According to the agreement, the contract will be non-binding and can be discontinued with a 30-day notice.
– The board will vote to appoint Joan Farrar to fill the unexpired term of Lamar Smith, which ends Dec. 31, 2016 and Etta Jo McCullough to fill the unexpected term of Mary McKinney, which ends Dec. 31, 2017.
– Elect a new secretary for the commission. This vacancy was opened when Mary McKinney resigned in June.
– Vote to approve the minutes from the June 9 quarterly meeting.
– Hear the financial report.
– Hear the director’s report.
– Renew the Cooperative Endeavor Agreement for the cost of $675 per month with the Springhill-North Webster Chamber of Commerce that expires Sept. 31, 2015.
– Vote to approve an advertising grant in the amount of $1,000 for the Ana Pink Ribbon Cancer Foundation 5k Run.
– Hear the report from Kyle Edminston, Assistant Secretary with the Louisiana Office of Tourism.
The committee will meet at 8 a.m. Tuesday at the Springhill-North Webster Chamber of Commerce. The meeting is open to the public.