BATON ROUGE, La.— Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin is reminding everyone that Saturday, July 11 is Election Day. Only registered Democrats and Republicans will be eligible to vote in the July 11 Presidential Preference Primary.
In preparation for Saturday’s Election, Secretary Ardoin encourages voters to remember:
• Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
• Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
• Voters can sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
• Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport or a digital license via LA Wallet). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit but will be allowed to vote.
• Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or at www.sos.la.gov.
Additional precautions are being taken in light of COVID-19, and polling commissioners will be supplied with personal protective equipment and will regularly sanitize designated areas and wipe down voting machines. Hand sanitizer will be provided to voters and masks are recommended.
For more information, contact the Elections Division at 800.883.2805 or email@example.com.