Home News-Premium House struck by lightning causes water heater fire

House struck by lightning causes water heater fire

Wednesday morning on Nella Street in Minden Louisiana lightning struck during a thunderstorm and set fire to a local resident’s property. According to Minden Fire Chief Kip Mourad, “There was a lightning strike that hit through the gas line and this set fire to the hot water heater.” The hot water heater was in a separate structure from the home, and the fire was contained to the hot water heater itself, with no further structural damage.