BATON ROUGE – Governor Bobby Jindal announced Thursday that millions of dollars for North Region projects were submitted to the State Bond Commission for recommendation and were approved for funding. These projects include funding for roads and infrastructure improvements across the North Region, as well as several key investments in higher education and healthcare projects.
North Region projects submitted to the State Bond Commission
Road and Infrastructure Investments in the North Region Include:
• $3 million for improvements to the I-20 interchange and Kansas Garrett connector for Monroe in Ouachita Parish, with an additional $20 million in new Priority 5 funding for a total of $23 million in funding.
• $740,000 for the Rayville Water Service facilities in Richland Parish, with an additional $6.96 million in new Priority 5 funding for a total of $7.7 million in funding.
• $685,000 for street lighting along Highway 71, Phase II, in Bossier City from LA 511 to Parkway High School in Bossier Parish.
• $500,000 for improvements to the Oil City Water Treatment Plant in Caddo Parish.
• $415,000 for drainage structure improvements to the Bayou Macon Cut-Off in Franklin Parish.
• $385,000 for a connection for the Indian Village Water System to the Robinson Chapel Water System and associated improvements in Jackson Parish.
• $325,000 for road improvements for Town of Benton in Bossier Parish.
• $300,000 for the expansion of the water distribution system at the Caney Lake Extension in Jackson Parish.
• $300,000 for the development of an alternative water supply from Lake D’Arbonne for Lincoln and Union Parishes, with an additional $2.6 million in new Priority 5 funding for a total of $2.9 million in funding.
• $290,000 for improvements to the Cotton Valley Sewerage System in Webster Parish.
• $210,000 for the reconstruction of Wiles Road and Kountry Korner Road in Caldwell Parish.
• $145,000 for improvements to the Plain Dealing Wastewater Treatment Plant in Bossier Parish.
• $135,000 for improvements to the Ida Water System, including water wells, tanks, and booster stations in Caddo Parish.
• $135,000 for repairs to the sea wall and sewer system at the Grand Bayou Reservoir in Red River Parish.
• $25,000 for a pump station and force main in Farmersville on Highway 33 South in Union Parish, with an additional $525,000 in new Priority 5 funding for a total of $550,000 in funding.
Education, Healthcare, and Other Investments in the North Region Include:
• $750,000 for the renovation or replacement of Wyly Tower at Louisiana Tech University in Lincoln Parish.
• $500,000 for emergency water production, transmission and treatment in Madison Parish.
• $450,000 for Shreveport’s C.C. Antoine Park in Caddo Parish.
• $400,000 for Hannah’s Run control structure in Ouachita Parish.
• $300,000 for park trail sidewalks and restrooms for the Village of Sarepta in Webster Parish.
• $300,000 for the renovations of the courthouse in West Carroll Parish.
• $100,000 for the Monroe headquarters of the Office of Wildlife, District 2 in Ouachita Parish.
• $90,000 for repairs and renovations to the Strand Theatre of Shreveport in Caddo Parish.