The public and the Webster Parish School Board will learn the results of a vote taken district-wide on a choice about how to fix the system’s salary structure.
A finance committee meeting has been set for 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 2, to reveal those results. Finance Director Crevonne Odom said in a committee meeting April 18 the employees of the district who benefit from the 1969 sales tax supplement would vote on how they want to see the salary structure change.
They were presented with four options: (1) reduce teachers’ and all salary schedules which are built from the teachers’ salary schedules by $4,000, (2) no monthly supplement, but teachers, for example, would get their August “welcome back” supplement, the November supplement and another one in June, (3) A combination of Options 1 and 2, and (4) leave the salary schedule as it currently stands.
In Monday’s regular meeting at 6 p.m., the Students Taking Action Recognition awards will be presented by Game Warriors, a video gaming organization that recognizes Webster Parish students who go above and beyond and recognize them for their achievements.
Also to be presented will be the Top Accelerated Reader students to be presented by Todd Aulds.
A presentation to the employee of the month will be made as well. Rodney Taylor, of Taylor & Sons, sponsors the employee of the month.
The board will also consider:
- meal prices for the 2016-17 school year.
- a request for approval of $210, the difference of the invoice amount of $2,760 and the board approved amount of $2,550, to Minden Athletic for the purchase of wall padding for the Doyline High School gym.
- approval of repairs to the Aerco KC boiler at Minden High School in the amount of $6,371.
- approval of the purchase of a new commercial grass trimmer for Brown Upper Elementary School in the amount of $303.99.
- Travel allocations for employees: Shaun Houston in the mount of $500, and Bridget Bridges in the amount of $250.
- approval of Doyline High School to purchase amplification system from Amazon.com to replace damaged equipment in the amount of $703.40.
- approved field trips,
- personnel report,
- superintendent’s report and announcements.
The board will meet at 6 p.m., Monday, May 2, in the board meeting room at Central Office, located at 1442 Sheppard Street. The finance committee meeting will be at 5:30 p.m.