Tuesday, May 21, 2024
Home » Shooting, chase leads to arrests

Shooting, chase leads to arrests

by Minden Press-Herald

An arrest has been made following a shooting that led to a high-speed pursuit.



Kadarrion Mason, 18, of the 100 block of Camp Street, was arrested for principal to attempted second-degree murder, principal to illegal use of weapons and dangerous instrumentalities and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Two juveniles, ages 15 and 16, were arrested in connection with the incident. The 15-year-old juvenile was charged with attempted second-degree murder and aggravated flight from an officer. The 16-year-old was also charged, Minden Police Chief Steve Cropper says, but he was released into the care of his legal guardians by the court.

Cropper says the parents of two juveniles and Mason told police there were some issues with some other boys at school.

“Several months ago, allegedly there was a fight among these same kids, and for whatever reason, these groups of kids did not like each other,” he said. “That particular day, one of the victims in the truck that was shot at made a comment to one of the suspects in the other vehicle.”

From that point, the 15-year-old reportedly went to a relative’s house and was talking about being bullied at school. He contacted Mason and the 16-year-old to go with him, and they decided to go get a gun and put a stop to all of it, he said.

“The two juveniles and Mason somehow got their hands on a .38 revolver and they go out looking, and we have statements from witnesses saying they saw these three guys circling the neighborhood,” Cropper said, clarifying they were looking for the victim who made the statement.

The 15-year-old juvenile was the driver of the car, a two-door, gray Pontiac Grand Am with chrome wheels.

“They came in contact with the victims in the truck on Midland,” Cropper said, “He steps out of the car and proceeds to shoot six rounds into the truck. As officers approached, they located the vehicle that fit that description. They attempted to box the vehicle in, and the Grand Am got around them and that’s when the pursuit took place.”

The vehicle left the roadway to avoid the box traveling speeds of 80 plus miles per hour. They reportedly crossed into the turning lane to pass traffic going out Shreveport Road, and when they went towards Dixie Inn; the 15-year-old juvenile was topping 103 miles per hour, running several vehicles off the road. He continued at approximately 82 miles per hour, crossed the center lane and left again. Cropper says they decided to pull over near the overpass at I-20 and police got the vehicle stopped.

Officers took all three into custody, recovered the .38 revolver along with six spent cartridges under the seat.

When they were brought to police headquarters, the guardians of the two juveniles were contacted and the two juveniles were questioned in reference to the shooting. There were three victims inside the truck, two males and one female in a single cab older model truck.

“One of the bullets actually entered the back window of that truck with three people sitting in the only seat in the truck, and exited through the windshield,” he said. “That’s how close it came to somebody really getting hurt or killed.”

The 15-year-old juvenile was transported to Ware Juvenile Detention Center in Coushatta.

The 16-year-old juvenile, based on the information that he was in the backseat of the vehicle and did not appear to participate in the incident, the judge released him to his legal guardians, Cropper said.
Mason was booked at the police department and transported to Bayou Dorcheat Correctional Center.

Related Posts

1 comment

Comments are closed.