The Webster Parish School Board is expected to discuss and adopt a resolution regarding the 2016 millage rates Monday.
The Webster Parish Tax Assessor’s Office have the parish-wide school millage rates at 15.39 mills. In Consolidated School District 1, the millage is set at three, with mills set at 28.05 for Consolidated School District 3.
In the separate school districts, they are as follows: School District 6 at 29 mills, School District 7 at 28.49 mills, School District 8 at 49.09 mills, School District 12 at 3 mills and School District 35 at 37 mills.
These figures are based on 2015 millage rates, according to the tax assessor’s office.
In other school news, the school board will consider:
- approval of the Louisiana Compliance Questionnaire for fiscal year 2015-16,
- an address from Adam Harris regarding maintenance issues at schools on the northern end of the parish,
- approval to replace the chain link fence at North Webster Junior High School by Pepper Fence LLC for $8,140, using the Sarepta Maintenance Fund,
- approval to put network drops and wireless in the two new T-buildings at J.L. Jones Elementary by Carousel Industries for $3,918.34, using District 6 half-cent sales tax,
- approval to reroof the main building at North Webster Junior High School by John Gibbs Roof System for $147,712, using Sarepta Maintenance Fund,
- approval to install, repair and reseal roofing at Minden High School by John Gibbs Roof Systems Inc., for $17,681 using District 6 half-cent sales tax,
- approval to replace two drain pans in both office areas at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School by Mechanical Cooling Services for $2,800, using Consolidated District 3 funding,
- approval to install surge protection at North Webster Lower Elementary School for $4,490, by Moro Electric LLC, using Shongaloo Building Fund,
- a request for Minden High School to purchase approximately 50 single desk chairs from Business Machine Supply at $25 each, for up to $1,500, using District 6 half-cent sales tax,
- approval for replacement and cleanup of old fence damaged by a tree at Lakeside for $1,000 by Keith Jellum Fence Company, using Consolidated 3 Maintenance Fund,
- approval of the purchase of a new portable sound system for Lakeside for $2,602.86, using Consolidated 3 Maintenance Fund, and
- the personnel report.
School board members will also hear the superintendent’s report and announcements.
The board will meet at 6 p.m., Monday, in the meeting room at Central Office, located at 1442 Sheppard Street. A finance committee meeting has been set for 5 p.m., prior to the monthly meeting.