Deadline for Chickenstock entries has been extended through the end of this week as inclement weather hampered travel last week.
Art entries will be accepted any day this week at The Children’s Center, located at 806 Broadway between 3 and 6 p.m. or on Tuesday and Thursday at The Farm, located at 419 East Union between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- The Le Gogh Building Block Design Contest, sponsored by the Webster Parish Library, is open to students ages three to five years, six to eight years and nine to 12 years of age. Contact Jennifer Heard at 371-3080, extension 116 for a contest form or questions.
- The altered couture contest is “upcycled” clothing with a creative twist. Divisions are for students 13 years of age and younger and students 14 years of age and older. This contest will allow students to transform their existing garments into fabulous works of wearable art. For contest forms or questions, contact Janis Merritt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The creative contests for children will offer cash and prizes to winning entries. Categories include pencil, colored pencils or crayon; paintings in watercolor, oil, acrylic or pastels; mixed medium; collages; sculptures; photography and digital art. Grade divisions are: Pre-K and K, first and second grade, third and fourth grade, fifth and sixth grade, seventh and eighth grade, ninth and tenth grade and eleventh and twelfth grade.
- The Poetry Contest is for grades 3-12, with a $25 cash award to all Best of Show in each division. Divisions include: grades third and fourth, fifth and sixth, seventh and eighth, ninth and tenth and eleventh and twelfth.
- Craft Contest For Kids includes categories: jewelry, weaving, crochet or knitting, woodwork, quilting and miscellaneous.
For questions, call Julie Vogel at 286-9472.