The Webster Parish School Board has a tightly packed agenda for its July meeting.
A special meeting has been set for 4 p.m., Monday, to review the plans related to the building additions at J.A. Phillips Middle School and Webster Junior High School. During that meeting, the board is expected to consider a recommendation granting permission to advertise for bids on or about July 19.
At 5 p.m., a public hearing has been set for the public to comment on the fiscal year 2016-17 consolidated budgets.
The regular meeting has been set for 6 p.m., and in that meeting, an announcement will be read to set the 2016 millage rates set for 6 p.m., Aug. 15, at Central Office.
The board will also consider:
- Approving bids from Flowers Baking for bread, Oak Farms for milk products and Sysco Foods for frozen dairy products during the 2016-17 school year.
- Approve the 2016-17 consolidated budget.
- Approve Pepper Fence LLC to replace damaged fencing at North Webster Junior High School in the amount of $8,140 using Sarepta Maintenance Fund.
- Approve Speer Roofing to replace roofs on four buildings at Lakeside Jr./Sr. High School in the amount of $23,993, using Consolidated 3 District Fund.
- Approve Pro-Tint to install window film in every classroom window and the office window in the amount of $5,725, using Consolidated District 3 Fund.
- Approve ArCom Systems Inc, to reprogram duct detectors from alarm initiating devices to supervisory initiating devices, in the amount of $380 at North Webster High School, using the Springhill Maintenance Fund.
- Approve invoices for Carousel Industries of N. America to replace and upgrade segments of existing wired infrastructure in all of the districts.
- Approve Putman Restoration LLC to steam-clean library carpet and the tiles and grout all the restrooms at Brown Upper Elementary School in the amount of $949.75, using Springhill Maintenance Fund.
- A request that the school board contract with Cody Goodwin to study and draw up a plan to deal with the drainage problem at Browning Elementary School.
- Approve the purchase of 388 new chairs at Richardson Elementary from Virco in the amount of $9,983.24, using District 6 half-cent sales tax.
- Approve the purchase of six round tables and 36 chairs for the computer lab at E.S. Richardson Elementary from Virco Equipment in the amount of $1,682.46, using District 6 half-cent sales tax.
- Granting permission to advertise for bids on or about July 19, following a report on the buildings and maintenance committee meeting held before the regular meeting.
- The personnel report.
- The superintendent’s report.
The board will also enter into executive session to discuss a worker’s compensation claim.
The board will meet at Central Office, located at 1442 Sheppard Street.