The Minden City Council meeting will be held on Monday, October 2 at 6 PM.
Preceding the regular meeting of the Minden City Council, there will be a workshop starting at 4:30 PM in the Pelican conference room.
Items to be discussed include the quarterly report of the Webster Parish Convention & Visitors Commision by Johnnye Kennon, a report on the Fuller Center by Chad Parks and Jodi Tuttle, the Ward Marshal’s quarterly report by Dan Weaver, the Minden Airport’s quarterly report by Steven Burdeaux, a discussion on 701 Main Street, the condemnation update by Building Official Brent Cooley, the August 2023 police report by Chief Jared McIver, the September 2023 fire report by Chief Brian Williams, and the August 2023 budget report by City Clerk Michael Fluhr.
The regular session will begin at 6 PM in the City Hall Council Chambers. The agenda for this month’s meeting includes the following items:
(1) Adopt Minutes of Minden City Council Regular Session held on September 5, 2023
(2) Adopt Minutes of Minden City Council Special Session held on September 13, 2023
(3) Minden Police Department Rank and Position Plan
(4) Appointment – Interim Deputy Chief of Police
(5) Authority to Advertise for Bids for Public Works Control Center
(6) PAdopt Resolution – Authorizing Credit Card Signatory Power
(7) Condemned Properties
(8) Four-Way Stop – Intersection of Fulton Street and Columbia Street
(9) Adopt Ordinance No. 1139 – Annual Bridge Maintenance Report
(10) Adopt Resolution – Annual Certification of Compliance with State of Louisiana Off-System Bridge Replacement Program
(11) Adopt Resolution – Requesting that the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LA DOTD) Division of Aviation Provide Funds Required to Complete the Airport Improvements at the Minden Airport Specifically as Described in the Capital Improvement Program Application for State Financial Assistance dated September 2023
(12) Adopt Resolution – Authorizing Mayor Cox to Execute an Agreement with the Louisiana
Department of Transportation and Development (LA DOTD) for Improvements at the Minden Airport
(13) Budget/Financial Report for August 2023
(14) Fire Report for September 2023
(15) Police Report for August 2023