Relief for flood victims within the city limits could be in sight if the city council approves.
A resolution to wave permit fees for the restoration of property damaged by the March 8 flood is on the council’s agenda for its April meeting.
The council will also consider hiring a new police officer for the city.
If approved, the hire will be the third new officer the council has approved this year.
Also on the agenda:
- Consider adopting the minutes of the March 7 meeting and the March 24 special meeting.
- Consider condemning property located at 607 South St.
- Consider approving the final plat of land on Country Club Circle.
- Consider approving an event permit for the Grilling on Main BBQ Cook-Off.
- Consider accepting the monthly police report.
The council will meet at 7 p.m. in council chambers at Minden City Hall.