Thursday, May 23, 2024
Home » Doyline man charged with aggravated battery

Doyline man charged with aggravated battery

by Minden Press-Herald



DOYLINE — A Doyline man who seemingly complied with law enforcement found himself in trouble with the law following a domestic disturbance.

Michael Grant Bell, 40, of the 100 block of Pine Circle in Doyline, was charged with remaining after forbidden, resisting an officer by force and second degree aggravated battery. Bond has not been set.

Webster Parish sheriff’s officials say deputy Marshall Merritt responded to a call in reference to a domestic disturbance Thursday, Aug. 20. When he arrived, he made contact with Bell, who told Merritt that he and his wife had argued because he’d lost his job a few days ago. He told Merritt he’d been drinking alcohol and abused his medication, according to reports, and wanted to leave the scene to avoid any further conflict.

Merritt then made contact with Bell’s wife as Bell remained outside. Upon questioning, Bell’s wife admitted the two had been fighting and drinking heavily, and Bell grabbed her shirt but did not hit her, according to reports. She told Merritt she wanted Bell to leave and not return.

Bell was then transported to his mother’s residence, and appeared to remain compliant.

Later that day, Merritt was dispatched back to the Pine Circle residence, where dispatch advised Bell had returned. According to reports, Bell had “beat his wife badly,” and she was transported to University Health in Shreveport for treatment of her injuries.
By that time, Bell had left the scene.

Further investigation revealed Bell had returned to the Pine Circle residence with his mother. When Merritt asked Bell to exit his mother’s vehicle, he did not comply with verbal commands.

Dep. John Lewis Jr. had arrived on scene by this time, and the two gained entry into the vehicle to remove Bell. Bell still refused to comply with verbal commands and the two deputies secured Bell and placed him under arrest.

Bell told the deputies he’d swallowed a bottle of pills and needed a doctor. An ambulance was called to the scene where Bell was given medical treatment and transported to Minden Medical Center. Upon his release, he was transported to Bayou Dorcheat Correctional Center for booking.

Related Posts