As many Webster Parish residents slumbered, a severe storm made its way through, complete with damaging winds and tornado warnings.
The worst of the storm passed through at approximately 1:15 a.m. Saturday morning, leaving behind it downed trees and power lines throughout the region. It has also been blamed for the death of a toddler in the Haughton area.
According to a Facebook post from the Webster Parish Police Jury Saturday morning, initial assessments reveal the following impacts:
– one tree on a home in Sarepta, no injuries.
– multiple trees down in north Minden and Sarepta/Shongaloo.
– trees and telephone pole down near Fire Tower Rd.
– minor damage to a gas station on Goodwill Rd.
– Approximately 1200 power outages, now down to approximately 250.
– All roads now passable.