Home » Two arrested for stolen checkbook

Two arrested for stolen checkbook

by Minden Press-Herald


Minden Police arrested a man and woman after they’d reportedly been found in possession of stolen checks.

Johnathon Eugene Langley, 26, of the 100 block of Kelly Drive in Sarepta, was arrested on Lee Street Tuesday on charges of theft (second offense), obstruction of public passages and possession of stolen things. The Office of Probation and Parole placed a hold on him.

Stacy Gail Tims, 31, of the 200 block of Keller Street in Homer, was arrested on charges of theft (second offense), possession of stolen things, forgery and obstruction of public passages.



Officers responded to Sibley Road around 8:30 a.m. in reference to two people walking in the lanes of traffic, Police Chief Steve Cropper said. When they arrived, they saw two subjects and one vehicle stopped on the corner of Lee and Searles Streets, and three individuals were reportedly yelling at each other.

“The complainant had confronted the subjects before we arrived,” he said. “He stated the pedestrians, identified as Tims and Langley, were walking in the roadway. All three subjects claimed they were yelling at each other, and officers took Tims and Langley into custody for obstructing a public passage.”

He says during a search of Tims’ person, officers located checks and an identification card that did not belong to her. One of the checks had been filled out and signed, he added.

During the investigation, officers discovered the checks were reported stolen in a case from the Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office. Tims and Langley were also suspects listed in a report made to police the day before regarding tools that had been stolen from the same person, Cropper said.

The two were taken into custody and reportedly signed a waiver to search the motel room in which they were staying. During that search, police located more stolen checks from the same person as well as some tools reported stolen.

Police also discovered Tims and Langley had one prior theft charge.

They were transported to police headquarters, booked and transported to Bayou Dorcheat Correctional Center.

Related Posts